[KLUG Advocacy] Nice Holiday Season Post

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:28:12 -0500

I happened to stumble onto this slashdot post -

"This holiday season just keeps getting better and better - MS losing
("loosing" for those of you who learned to spell from /.) Office
customers, SCO being told to put up or shut up, David Boies being up on
possible ethics violations, Saddam Hussein in custody, RotK released,
Athlon64 systems shipping, a spammer in Virginia being hit with felony
spamming charges, now this."

- seems like the best "Happy Holidays" message I've seen in awhile.

Although I couldn't care less about Hussein's capture or much else about
the whole war-on-terror blather;  I'd substitute that one with
SpaceShipOne achieving supersonic flight,  which is more important IMHO.
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/New_Index/news/121703.htm

Or there is - http://www.iter.org/ITERPublic/ITER/whatis.html  Maybe
some progress on Fusion power?  Except the US's involvement will
probably mean it will never actually get built.

For purely personal reasons that ties with a fully managed C# binding
for LDAP (thanks to the wonderful people at Novell). :)
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2003-November/016907.html

I'm an avowed pessimist (using Williams James' definition of the term),
but 2003 didn't quite suck as much as I expected.

Happy Holidays!  And may 2004 suck even less!