[KLUG Advocacy] grrrrrr

Mike Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:49:46 -0500

Mozilla has now eaten my message twice.  I'll keep it short since I'm
tired of fighting with it.  An article a few advocacy's back
 (Cringely's pulpit) had an amazing factual error in it.  It stated that
because you could get a C:> prompt in Windows XP, that it's still based
on MS-DOS.  This is not true.  And it makes the entire discussion of
"why you should replace Windows with Linux to get rid of MS-DOS" pretty
worthless.  Besides, that's basically what WINE is doing, and it's far
from perfectly compatible.  I'll happily continue the discussion, but
I'm keeping it short until I figure out why Mozilla doesn't want me to
say it.