[KLUG Advocacy] RedHat makes money (as in net income)

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
19 Jun 2003 09:11:16 -0400

> >http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,82224,00.html?nlid=PM
> >"In a statement issued after the close of the U.S. financial markets,
> >the Raleigh, N.C.-based company said it had a net income of $1.5 million
> >for the quarter that ended May 31, compared with a net loss of $273,000
> >in the previous quarter and a $4.6 million net loss one year ago. Red
> >Hat reports its figures using generally accepted accounting principles."
> Who says the economy is slow and I am also glad they use gaap instead of

Not me, I've got more work than I have hours in the day.  A slow economy
seems to be GREAT for us Linux people.

> some of the 'new' accounting principles some of these companies have been
> using to report income and losses.

GAAP vs. IOUE  (Indications Of Underegulated Economy?)

> >Nice to hear.

Now. again, I with I has bought stock in them.