[KLUG Advocacy] When SBC is offering DSL to Kalamazoo/Portage???

magoo advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
16 Mar 2003 15:00:02 -0500

> BTW, does anybody know when SBC is getting DSL through Kalamazoo/Portage
> area?

http://www05.sbc.com/DSL?SRC=&EI=&E=L&CI=&UI=&EL=&TI=&RI=&RD=

TAZ!

I put in your home area code and phone number and got this response...

"We're sorry. SBC Yahoo! DSL Internet service isn't available in your
area at this time."  03/16/2003

If you fill out their form they will notify you (if and) when it
becomes available for your home.  They are running a $39.95 per
month introductory special for your 1st year.

IF YOU REALLY WANT DSL AT YOUR HOME TAZ...  That is a different question

JASnetworks DOES have DSL available on your street (Plainfield)
in Comstock.

Map showing service available for your home.
http://www.jasnetworks.net/mapLocation.asp?mapLocation=Kalamazoo

For general info!
http://www.jasnetworks.net/

If you want to test out the JASnetworks 2.3 mbps Digital Subscriber
Line service, just come to a KLUG meeting and jack into the KLUG
hub!  JASnetworks provides DSL service at the Chamber that is used
by KLUG.  It works great!

PlanRate	Per/Mo	Installation	E-mail Accounts	Bandwidth Per/Mo
Residential 	$44.95 	$79.00 		3 		45/gigabits

L8r  Ralph!  <grin>

PS - Hope this info helps you out!
I sure like my Voyager 56K dialup account at $120 per 6 months! ;-)