[KLUG Advocacy] No OS immune to DOS attacks... :-) Not even ALL POWERFUL SUPER LINUX!

magoo advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
14 Sep 2003 19:11:31 -0400

[SET HOOK... bait swallowed!  Turn reel handle furiously...]

A defender of the Linux myth?  OK!  Is Linux entitled to hold
up the COMPLEXITY variable as some necessary badge of honor to
bolster the egos of those who CAN master it?  Poor base goal...
easy use and pervasive market penetration would be better.

Well... here is the most telling part of this response!
Why Linux has so far to go?  No empathy for the mass market
called the OFFICE user... their needs, and their abilities!

> Ha! Ha! and Ha!  Okay, Linux is OH SO COMPLICATED, and Windows is OH SO
> SIMPLE.  So explain to me interaction of OLE, ADO, MDAC, the SAM,
> COM/DOM, NetBEUI, and the GDI?  Right, cause that is so much simpler
> that CORBA/BONOBO, NSS, PAM, LDAP and GNOME!  Phhhfffttt...  Power and
> flexibility requires complexity - deal with it.

Never needed OLE, ADO, MDAC, the SAM, COM/DOM, NetBEUI, and the GDI
to run a simple word processor in M$ Office... basic composing, spell
checking, saving, and printing!  My 8 1/2 year old can handle that...

Phhhhfffttt... back at you!  :-)))  I am dealing with it!  So sad!

The typical end user's intelligence is grossly exaggerated
by Linux developers.  Hard to see the ground from those lofty
towers of Linux elitism!  Is egobation a Linux command?
man egobation  {man page not available}

Richard Stallman had altruistic intentions... when he plotted
the strategies of the Open Source revolution.  So did MANY of
the early Linux contributors.

Hope with me... that we can see the real value offered by the
competing OS's being selected for use in American businesses.
Too bad Linux developers are announcing the desktop arrival
before the event.  Like people who remember when they tried to
install Linux V5.0 and failed... they won't forget THAT day!
When I tell them that Red Hat v9 is easier they just say,
"Thats nice!" and the conversation is over.

Hope Linux gets up to the usability level of M$ Win98SE in
this decade!  Not that most Linux elites will EVER allow that!
Many want to maintain their Godly status!  We saw it in the
mainframe days of the 1960's... dinosaurus DP managerus are
almost extinct now!

Utopia... Utopia... Utopia... Utopia...Utopia... Utopia...
Utopia... Utopia... Utopia... Utopia... Utopia... Utopia...
Utopia... Utopia... Utopia... Utopia... ALTRUISM!
That should put your sensitivities into a kernel panic!!!  :=0

If not...
MySQL RULES!  PostgreSQL is for configuration masochists!