[KLUG Advocacy] No OS immune to DOS attacks... :-) Not even ALL POWERFUL SUPER LINUX!

John Bridleman advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:52:04 -0400

* magoo (mag00@voyager.net) wrote:

> send private?  ;-)

Why?

> Let me know (and the whole world) when you (and that mouse in your
> pocket) find the "something else" you are looking for.

Ummm.... I found it!

> If you knew
> what you were looking for it wouldn't be research, eh?  Fine...

I'm not sure what that means. I'm not doing any research.

> Until then and in the present it is true that M$ has moved the world
> light years ahead!  Relatively stupid (DUMB) people can use the M$
> desktop, file manager, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.  Outlook
> Express and MSIE seem to be the most used applications in the network
> world...

Ralph, it sounds as though you think Windows and MS products are superior. That's fine. That's your opinion. But that's all. MS products are certainly not superior for what I'm doing.

> I just took two aspirin and I AM calling you in the morning... 5 AM OK?
> Look at the totally revenue in 2003 projected from M$ Office!  It hasn't
> really changed since M$ Office97 code arrived to crush WordPerfect.
> Linux is great for many things,  I am all goose bumpy about that...
> but Linus claims his target is (and always has been) the productivity
> desktop software for business.  They did it all backward then...
> focusing on that silly Linux kernel instead of a GUI office suite
> application.  OH YEAH!  Pinocchio... I AM a little boy already!

Something that I think your forgetting is that it's not about "the world". It's about me! Always has been! For me, for the most part, Linux works better. I'm much happier than I was when I was running MS stuff. Do I use Linux for everything? NO! Do I use Windows/MS when it makes sense for me? YES!

It doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation. Just look at Adam's presentation for this week!
--
John Bridleman / www.bridleman.org