[KLUG Advocacy] No OS immune to DOS attacks... [consolidated response]

John Bridleman advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:22:12 -0400

* magoo (mag00@voyager.net) wrote:
> > Ralph, it sounds as though you think Windows and MS products are
> > superior. That's fine. That's your opinion. But that's all. MS
> > products are certainly not superior for what I'm doing.
>
> PLEASE!!!  That is way too much of a presupposition.  I have used
> Linux for 10 years... Apple for 10 years...  Microsoft for 20 years
> and I find they all have strengths and weaknesses.
>
> Never addressed the point you impose in your question... you did
> though.  On the desktop... Microsoft is #1 right now and has been!

Never addressed the point? Who started this thread?

Ralph, do you believe that Linux is competing with Microsoft? In particular, is Linux competing with Microsoft on the desktop? I don't. I'm hoping that the developers are not thinking about what Microsoft is doing but concentrating on making a solid, feature rich, Office product.

Do you believe that Microsoft Office is better for your use than anything else? If so, fine. Use it.

Do you want Linux to succeed on the desktop and do you believe that OpenOffice is a means to that end? I do. So far OpenOffice has met all but 1 of my office product needs.

Does OpenOffice currently met your needs? If not, what are you doing about it?
--
John Bridleman / www.bridleman.org