[KLUG Advocacy] word processors / office packages - Was: total crap

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
16 Sep 2003 13:59:54 -0400

> > > Which applett?
> > Maybe it's a program instead of an applet (he added it to his panel).
> > Go to the main menu -> System Tools -> Disk Management.
>
> Ah!  You must mean "Disk Mounter"  Appears as the image of a floppy or CD drive,
> etc...

I think so.  It says "User Mount Tool" in the title bar of the window.

> Wondered if you added something, or if it was the default thing.  New
> Users do tend to struggle with "mounting".

It seems like a fairly nice little GUI, after you add all the required
directories to fstab.  He has a bunch of NFS drives he frequently
[u]mounts, so he has more to worry about than just floppy/CD's.

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/