[KLUG Advocacy] Frontpage is the spawn of Satan

Doc Rea advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Tue Jun 1 20:09:15 EDT 2004

You won't get any arguments from me. I never teach tools when it comes
to designing Websites. Learn the scripts and the codes and then you can
master the tools.

I do use FrontPage in class . . . to demonstrate how easily bad code can
be created. Dreamweaver (MX and above) does a decent job of writing the
script for you, but it still doesn't allow one to do everything cleanly.

I've started to move folks who don't want to code, yet want a good site
to content management systems that help people design their own sites
using templates and other options. It's perhaps not as flexible as
writing the code or using a tool, but the sites are defintely more
cross-browser compatable.