[KLUG Advocacy] Novell 'openning' SuSe

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Aug 5 07:30:06 EDT 2005

> Is this why the club, en masse, supports Suse now?

More or less, I think so.   Pretty much everyone used RedHat before
Fedora.  But Fedora, at least FC1 & FC2, was a botch job.

> Not to start adistro war but it seems that when I first started attending meetings,
> Fedora was the DoC...

It seemed the natural progression from RH, and until SuSe 9.2 the SuSe
GNOME desktop was a bit weak and musty.  But SuSe 9.3 is a very solid
desktop and in general SuSe seems to receive much more QC than Fedora.