[KLUG Advocacy] RE: Adoption of Wine WAS: Novell 'opening' SuSe

Greg Mason gmason at fast-mail.org
Tue Aug 9 10:30:39 EDT 2005

>> There's a quote from Steve Jobs back when he was at NeXT, where he
>> was asked what he'd do if he were in charge of Apple. He said he'd
>> milk the Mac user base for everything they are worth, and use that
>>

> Wow. Lot o' respect that man has for his customers. No wonder Apple so
> dominates the market.
>
> Oh, wait...

Well, I think it has to do with the fact that PCs aren't ALWAYS going
to be where the money is at. Apple will probably start making the
"next big thing" a few years ahead of its time. Maybe they'll do
better than the Mac and the Newton this time around, eh? Also, when
Steve said that, he was still pissed at Apple's board for being a
bunch of idiots.

-Greg