[KLUG Advocacy] Novell 'openning' SuSe

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Aug 15 16:06:32 EDT 2005

> because it is cheaper.  Longhorn will bring many of the "innovations"*
> of the OS/X UI to Windows.

A guy here acquired and installed a Vista beta.  Well... you Mac guys
have nothing to fear, all the cool features I saw l-o-n-g ago on a
Longhorn box are mysteriously absent.  Serious case of "Nothing to see
here, please move along."  It is like XP with a different theme.  But
all the Win32 apps, including Firefox still worked.

IE7 on the other hand actually works!  PNGs and CSS, at least in the
light testing we did.  Stop/Refresh are now one button which is weird
and the tabbed browsing is kind of awkward.  I've heard there are still
some problems with PNGs and CSS but it was able to load some stuff for
us that IE6 throws up on.