[KLUG Advocacy] Google launches...... Jabber

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Thu Aug 25 13:30:41 EDT 2005

> I'm so happy about that.  I'm already using it and it works great.  One
> feature that is supported by using ONLY google's chat client is the
> voice-chat feature.

Are we certain that is true?  There are a couple open voice-over-xmpp
specs (really voice-call-setup-over-xmpp).  I haven't diddled with
Google's client,  but it would be interesting to see what, if any, JEP
they are invoking for the voice feature.  Since the google client
doesn't support SSL just sniff the connection.