[KLUG Advocacy] Short & Sweet

Robert G. Brown bob at whizdomsoft.com
Sat Feb 12 15:48:12 EST 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:04:24 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams <adam at morrison-ind.com> wrote:

>Found a nicely done and very short (4 pages) document on "Linux vs.
>Windows."
>http://www.rentalresult.com/Rentalinfo.htm
>Click the "Linux vs. Windows" link.
Interesting, and all too brief. Good for top management to see. Suffers
perhaps from a bit too much of the "bandwagon" notion, but if it is an
effective tool, what of it?

I have (and perhaps suffer from) the notion that the "fact" that "everyone"
else is using something isn't a compelling reason for me to adopt it. Con-
versely, if something is working well for me, the notion that I must move
on merely because a lot of others have seems silly. I am often amused that
such notions are trotted out as if that is a compelling case for change.

>Actually found this while looking at a possible replacement for our core
>business system so it was a pleasant surprise.
Looked at Samco? [http://www.samco.com]

							Regards,