[KLUG Advocacy] The Google PC

Bruce Smith bruce at armintl.com
Wed Jan 4 08:42:03 EST 2006

> http://www.internetweek.cmp.com/showArticle.jhtml?sssdmh=dm4.162386&articleId=175800868
>
> Any speculation on what the Google PC is?  A rebranded version of MIT's
> $100 dollar laptop?  Is "an OS developed by Google" coded speech for a
> Google branded Linux distribution?  Will entering the PC market wreck
> the company and leave them at SCO level stock prices by the end of 2006?
>
> My prediction: spectacular failure,  Google gets its first humiliation.

Are you sure enough to start shorting Google stock?

I saw this in today's NYTimes newsletter:
"Forecast for Google Put at $600 a Share"
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/04/business/04google.html?th&emc=th

At those prices, you're much braver than I am if you start shorting or
even buying Google stock!!!  :-)

 - BS