[KLUG Advocacy] The LWN Timeline for 2005

Robert G. Brown bob at whizdomsoft.com
Tue Jan 10 06:41:39 EST 2006

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:06:02 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams <adam at morrison-ind.com> wrote:

>LWN released there 2005 time line today
>( http://lwn.net/Articles/Timeline2005/ ) ,  and I couldn't help
>spending my lunch time reading it.  And it confirmed my feelings about
>2005: "What a yawner!"  I think C-SPAN frequently has more action.  And
>multimedia still sucks.....

We coiuld be charitable, and call 2005 a year of transition.

I've seen the reputation of Linux rise in a number of circles. Not that
anything extraordrinary is happening. A wider cirecle of people is accepting
Linux and stuff that run on Linux as another legitimate part of the toolbox.
This is an unspectacular but nessesary step; it has to be another tool before
it can really be seen as valuable by the more risk-averse.

							Regards,