[KLUG Advocacy] Calling Western US LUGs!!!

Peter Buxton advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:35:06 -0400

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 10:19:36AM -0400, adam@morrison-ind.com wrote:

> I'm not Catholic,  but what is "sacerdotal"?

"Priestly." anecdotal : sacerdotal :: triumphal : regnal

Of course, anecdote has a Greek root, and sacer- is Latin, but both came
to us through the wash of M French. :)

And of course, since this is religion, "sacerdotalism" refers to the
tradition/rule of required priestly intermediaries between layman and
God (most notably in Mass). Baptists, therefore, are quite the
asacerdotalists.

> Sorry,  I have a philological bent about such things.

So long as you wash your hands after. ;-0

By the way, your "drop it" suggestion WORKED brilliantly the first time.
I got all the AOL and Outlook mail folders off the drive. THANK YOU for
your perfect advice -- it did loosen the ball bearings and get the whole
thing spinning. You rock, one-armed or no!

--=20
http://killdevil.ath.cx/~peter (/gpg.html)
[The Basement Tapes were] like the Watergate tapes... Bob
would say, 'We should destroy this.' -- Robbie Robertson

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--