[KLUG Advocacy] A user leaves....

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
11 Jul 2002 13:00:20 -0400

> > > I believe the author of the article has had almost exclusive
> > I'll buy that, and I believe that makes up the majority of computer
> > users in this day and age.  Those of us with multi-decade experience
> > with mainframes are in the extreme minority.
> >

> I also buy that as well.  Hey, Bruce are you refering to us "older
> fahrt's" as being like dinosaurs ... almost extinct?  ;>))

Well . . .    :-)

I have four more years before I can claim three decades of working on
mainframes (like Bob), but I started using Linux three years before Bob.
(and that's the most important stat IMO ;)

> > Does that mean that Linux is not ready for this type of user, since
> > he went back to windows?
>
> No, at this juncture, while Linux is not perfect, I don't think its a
> case of it is not being ready....

I was just "troll'ing" for Bob there.   :->

Much more of this, and we'll have to "take it to advocacy",
oh wait - nevermind ...    :-)

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/