[KLUG Advocacy] A User Leaving

Bruce Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
14 Jul 2002 20:06:45 -0400

> There is a list of "10 worst at" -
> http://people.trustcommerce.com/~adam/top10/wrong.html
>
> I don't agree with the list completely but it is more specific than the
> "user leaving" article.
>
> 1. No 'best' browser.

Apparently he doesn't appreciate "choice".

> Maybe,  I don't have the problem with fonts that he reports.
>
> 2. Prompting for a filesystem scan.
>
> Nope, use a journalized file system.

Really.  I haven't seen that "problem" in a LONG time.

> 5. Cleaner redraws.
>
> Again, I don't experience this problem.

I don't either, running Linux on about a dozen different video cards.

> 9. No common editor which supports "soft wrapping."
>
> joe?

nedit?

> 10. No easy way to configure X - especially change resolution on the
> fly.
>
> Yes,  this is resolved in XFree4.2 I'm told.  Including some support for
> on-the-fly resolution changes.

Redhat 7.3 comes with XF 4.2, and I haven't noticed any difference,
but I haven't really looked either.  What do I have to do to make
those on-the-fly resolution changes?

Bruce Smith                bruce@armintl.com
System Administrator / Network Administrator
Armstrong International, Inc.
Three Rivers, Michigan  49093  USA
http://www.armstrong-intl.com/