[KLUG Advocacy] MAC Football is almost here! Go Knights!

Bryan J. Smith advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
26 May 2002 21:57:45 -0400

On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 20:49, Bruce Smith wrote:
> I predict you're going to have a hard time getting people stirred up
> about football on any KLUG list.  I'm a Central Michigan University
> Alumni, who has a HUGE rivalry with Western, and I've never been able
> to stir up much.  But you're welcome to try . . .    :-)

Here in Florida, us UCF fans are trying to stir up an UCF-USF rivalry
too.  The USF people used to say UCF wouldn't play them and vice-versa.
Well, last year the _proof_ was shown that while we (UCF) _would_ play
them, and both our coach and AD said that on camera, their (USF) coach
said, "um, it's not in our best interest to play UCF now," said that in
the same interview.  Yeah, we know why too.  ;-P

I heard we were trying to schedule CMU for a future date, but since they
are in the Western Division like WMU, it won't be often either.

> Keep your eye on our meeting schedule online:
>   http://kalamazoolinux.org/meetings/schedule.php3
> It appears that October is currently open, but the schedule is
> filling up fast.  We're already scheduled into September.
> Since the schedule is open, you could GIVE a presentation!   :-)

Cool!  What would people like to have it on?

> I might take you up on that.  Check with me when your plans are
> finalized and you're ready to buy tickets.
> I don't mind!  Remember I'm a Central grad, so that's fine with me!  :-)

He he he, another potential closet UCF fan.  If you like Daunte
Culpepper, you already are!  ;-PPP

-- Bryan

--
The US government could be 100x more effective, and 1/100th the
Constitutional worry, if it dictated its policy to Microsoft as