[KLUG Advocacy] Re: [KLUG Members] Distro distro ...

Peter Buxton advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:05:42 -0500

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:13:57AM -0500, Bruce Smith was only escaped
   alone to tell thee:

> > > And my laptop HANGS during shutdown when stopping iptables, unless
> > > I manually stop iptables before shutting down.  This started
> > > around the time I recreated my firewall settings with the Fedora
> > > GUI.
> >
> > Wierd.
>
> It hangs from the command line too, but then the shutdown works.
>
> A trace shows it's hanging while trying to unload one of the netfilter
> modules.  ipt_state (I think).

Why, exactly, would one want to unload a kernel module while shutting
down? What is the gain?

--
Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it
would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic. -- L. Carroll