[KLUG Advocacy] [Fwd: [Mono-list] Novell, SuSE, Mono.]

Adam Williams advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 05:58:58 -0500

The Mono list has been going a bit nuts over the Novell/SuSe thing;  so
Miguel just posted this.

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@ximian.com>
To: mono-list@ximian.com
Subject: [Mono-list] Novell, SuSE, Mono.
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:36:15 -0500

Hey guys,

    I know that there has been a lot of speculation over Novell, SuSE,
Gnome, KDE and Mono with today's announcement.

    We can say that once the acquisition is completed that:

	* Novell/SuSE will continue to distribute KDE and Gnome.

	* Novell/SuSE will include Ximian Desktop build,
	  as it is a more fine tuned desktop than the default Gnome
	  build they ship.

	* Novell is commited to build an stable ISV platform (you can
	  read my blog for some thoughts on this).

	* Gtk+, the Gnome platform and Mono use the right licensing
	  terms for creating an ISV platform.

	* We will continue to work on open source projects, and work
	  in the best way to offer a complete Linux stack.

    And lastly, just remember that Nat and myself are in charge of
Novell's Linux Desktop Strategy, so we will do the right thing ;-)

Love,
Miguel.