[KLUG Advocacy] Linux turning into Windows?

Greg Mason advocacy@kalamazoolinux.org
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:18:41 -0500

is this registry going to be human-editable? I mean, it would be a big
step backwards if it isn't.

Just brings memories of 15-meg registry files back when I used windoze.
Also, does it have to be called "Registry"?

Just seems to me a bad idea to have user config data in the same place
as system config data. Maybe each user gets their own registry, and the
system has a separate registry? IMO, that would be MUCH more secure...

also, what other operating systems have a registry other than win9x/nt?

-Greg