[KLUG Advocacy] SuSe 9.3

John Bridleman john at bridleman.org
Thu Apr 21 23:10:59 EDT 2005

* Bruce Smith wrote:
> I've done a LOT of upgrades.  I think it's been getting worse lately.
> And now that SuSE comes with almost everything I need in the stock
> distro, it's not that bad to reinstall these days.

This one seemed incredibly easy. Was that due to 9.2 or 9.3?

> > > So I ran a fresh install this morning.  Things are MUCH better now!
> > > My sound even works!  :-)

Mine too. The sound also works right away. In 9.2 I had to mess with the pcm and master volumes.

> I still haven't got streaming video to work.  I went to movies.yahoo.com
> and rottentomatoes.com and tried to play some movie trailers as a test.
> Both sense the Realplayer plugin is installed, but either will play.
> Firefox about:plugins says that Real is installed and enabled.  I even
> tried installing the four optional multimedia packs in online-update,
> but it's still not working.
>
> Have you tried it?

Mine isn't working either. Adam has always said that he had mplayer working in 9.2. I did for certain codecs but not for all.
--
John Bridleman / www.bridleman.org