[KLUG Advocacy] PGP & Hushmail On NPR

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Thu Feb 23 09:00:36 EST 2006

> >On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 07:31 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> >> So did anyone else hear the amusingly timely report on NPR this morning
> >> concerning encrypted e-mail?
> Yes, I caught it prior to reading any of the messages in this thread. It
> seems that the emphasis was on the point that encrypted e-mail has not
> caught on, and almost no one uses it. they did point out that Outlook
> supports PGP, and that a number of government users are set up for it.

I wasn't aware that Outlook supported PGP,  this would be a very nice
change of events  Or maybe they are referring to something added via a
plug-in.   I know that both Horde and Squirrel webmail support PGP/GPG.

<aside>Now if only the Outlook UI didn't **SUCK** - I've tried Outlook
recently,  it is OK as a PIM, but when connected to a groupware server
the interface is seriously confusing.</aside>